Friday, June 25, 2010

The Heart

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9

"Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them." - Albus Dumbledore

____________________________________________________
Ha, here I go again with the Dumbledore quotes, but seriously his words are wise if you catch them.

Why did God make our hearts deceitful? It is quite a pain to deal with, especially when our brains contradict our hearts. Our feelings are so immensely strong sometimes that it is so easy to be blinded and not see the big picture. I'm not even saying I can see the bigger picture yet, but I'm sure that at this point my heart is deceiving me.

It screams not to let go, not to give up, to hold on to the possibility of reconciliation... of happiness, but alas, my brain says Lyndsey, it's almost time to live and let go.

I intended to write more on this, but right now I'm not feeling it. For now, I just soak in these two quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment